Pharmacy Technician Schools Currently Accepting Applicants in Wyoming
Pharmacy Technician Schools and Programs in Wyoming
One of the least populated states, Wyoming currently as of 2018 has 570 pharmacy technicians working in various pharmacy settings. Compared to other states with a small population, Wyoming has better job prospects, with the BLS projecting an employment rate of 16.98%. There is one pharmacy technician school in Wyoming where you can pursue your pharmacy technician education via an online mode. The state regulates its pharmacy technicians and they earn an annual average salary of $36,860.
View Pharmacy Technician Schools in Wyoming
Casper College - Casper, Online
Established in 1945 as the first junior college, today Casper College is the largest and the most comprehensive community colleges in the state of Wyoming. Spread over 28 building on more than 200 acres in Casper, Casper College is the largest college with an enrollment of around 4,000 students. The college offers courses, business, fine arts, humanities, health science, science, social and behavioral science.
As a pharmacy technician in the state of Wyoming you will work in retail, hospital or other healthcare settings and assist the pharmacist to efficiently run a pharmacy. Casper College is the only school in the state of Wyoming that is currently offering educational programs in Pharmacy Technology. The main goal of the pharmacy technician programs at Casper is to graduate students with skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the day to day duties as a pharmacy technician and thus better serve the patients and the community. Based on your individual needs and budget Casper College offers 2 types of ASHP accredited programs to fulfill your dreams of becoming a pharmacy technician. An important aspect of the program will be the opportunity to undergo on-the-job training. You will gain real world experience by working in hospitals, retail pharmacies, long term care facilities, nuclear pharmacies and compounding pharmacies. Your will have the opportunity to select a site for your clinical training either in Casper or around the state of Wyoming. You need to note that you can pursue both the pharmacy technician programs either online or on campus. If you choose the online mode, then you need to know that the for the lab training part of your curriculum you need to attend college.
Pharmacy Technician Certificate: Prepares you for entry-level job as pharmacy technician. You can complete this program in less than 9 months.
Associate of Science Degree in Pharmacy Technology: A more comprehensive course for students who are looking for a more thorough training and also have aspirations to study further.
Program : Certificate, Associate
Program Length:9 Months, 16-24 Months
What are the Requirements to work as a Pharmacy Technician in WY?
In Wyoming, to work as a pharmacy technician, you need to obtain a license from the Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy. The following are the license pre-requisites which you are required to comply with, to work as a pharmacy technician:
• You must be 18 years of age
• You must have competed your high school diploma or GED
• You are required to complete your pharmacy technician training from a board approved school. The training must also include hand-on experience at a pharmacy, under the supervision of a pharmacist. When you enroll for a pharmacy technician program which is offered at only one school in the state, ensure you inquire about financial aid and how you could avail it.
• You must pass the PTCB certification exam. PTCB is the approved certification in the state. The PTCB has 673 certified pharmacy technicians in the state.
• You must apply to the Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy for your license. You must first apply for a pharmacy technician –in training licensure. This permit will serve as your license until you complete your formal training and certification and then re-apply for your pharmacy technician license. The in-training license is valid for 2 years and is non-renewable.
|Pharmacy Technician to Pharmacist ratio||3 to 1|
|Continuing Education Required||Yes|
|Certification Maintenance Required||No|
Salary in WY
A pharmacy technician in Wyoming earns an annual average salary of $36,860. The BLS projects an employment growth rate of 16.9% Shopko, Kmart Corporation, CVS Health, WALGREENS, Posterity Group LLC, Rawhide Drug, DLH, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, SageWest Healthcare - Lander, Wyoming Medical Center, Pharmalogic Wyoming, e+CancerCare, CSI Jobs and RPh on the Go are the prominent pharmacy technician employers in the state.
|Pharmacy Technicians Currently Working in WY||10 Year Job Growth||Annual Vacancies||Average Starting Salary||Average Annual Salary|