Schools Currently Accepting Pharmacy Tech Applicants
Sample Pharmacy Technician Cover Letters
A pharmacy technician cover letter is the first document a potential employer will see and make a conclusion whether the rest of your application is worth considering. Thus, your letter must focus on your abilities and skills that you can bring to the employer. Writing a good cover letter can give you a huge boost when applying for jobs as a pharmacy technician. The cover letter is your chance to catch your employers attention and make him take a closer look at your resume. A hiring employer looks through scores of resumes to fill an open position. He does not have the time to interview every single aspirant who applies. A well-written cover letter ensures you get called for an interview and provides you with the opportunity to land the position you applied for.
Here we provide information on how to write a cover letter along with samples that you can use to create your own; three cover letter examples for an entry-level pharmacy technician and one for an experienced applicant.
How To Write
The pharmacy tech cover letter must be succinct and to the point, with an affable and professional tone maintained throughout. A large section of your future job will encompass communicating with patients; hence you must ensure that you communicate in a clear, straightforward way. Evaluate every sentence that you use, asking yourself whether it is efficient. Your letter should be made convincing and engaging by using active verbs such as prepared, adapted, processed, operated, helped, verified, and highlighted.
Draft the letter as per the requirements of the employer in order to seize his interest and convince him to read your resume and employ you.
Cover Letter Guidelines
1. Lucidity of Language:The language and content ought to be simple and clear. Steer clear of flowery language; keep it unpretentious.
2. Mistake Free:It should be devoid of all types of errors. Use the right grammar and keep away from typing errors. Phone numbers and email ids that you provide must be checked.
3. Concise and Up-to-date:The cover letter must not be more than one page in length. Do not put in extraneous information. Read the advertisement well and write about your pertinent and significant skills, qualifications and potentials accordingly.
Entry Level Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Samples
Example 1:Applying for the post of an entry level pharmacy technician at a retail pharmacy - Cover Letter of a Certified Pharmacy Technician without Any Formal Schooling or experience.
This letter is for Susan Harrison who has just obtained her PTCB certification. She does not have any prior work experience and neither has she completed any formal training. She is applying for an entry level position at a family owned pharmacy.
Example 2:Applying for the post of an entry level pharmacy technician at a retail pharmacy - Cover Letter of a Certified Pharmacy Technician with a Diploma in Pharmacy Technology
This cover letter is written for Diana Adams who has just completed her Diploma and obtained her PTCB certification. She has no prior experience.
Example 3:Cover Letter for the post of a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy - The applicant has completed a 2-year Associate Degree program and has recently obtained a PTCB certification.
Leticia Morris is applying to Healthwealth Hospital for the post of a pharmacy technician. She has completed her Associate Degree in Pharmacy Technology and has recently obtained her PTCB certification.
Experienced Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Samples
Example 1:Applying for the post of an experienced pharmacy technician at a retail pharmacy - Cover Letter of a Trained, Certified and Experienced Pharmacy Technician.
This letter is for Sheila Paul who is a certified pharmacy technician and has completed her Pharmacy Technician Diploma from Foothill College. She is currently working at the CVS Pharmacy, as a pharmacy technician since the past two years.
- Best Pharmacy Technician Schools in the Nation - 2019
- Top Online Pharmacy Technician Training Programs - 2019
- Best Doctor of Pharmacy Programs in the Nation - 2019
- 2019 in-depth Pharmacy Technician Salary information
- 2019 Pharmacist Salary details
More Interesting Articles
- 10 Common Mistakes Pharmacy Technicians Commit on the Job and How To Avoid
- 50 Cities Where Pharmacy Technicians Earn The Highest Salary
- Comparing Being A Pharmacy Technician With Other Similar Healthcare Careers
- Deciding Between Online And On Campus Education
- Pharmacy Technician Frequently Asked Questions Answered
- How to Become a Pharmacy Technician - 3 Options
- 46 Interesting Pharmacy Technician Facts
- List of Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions and How to Answer
- Pharmacy Technician Advantages And Disadvantages
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- 11 Typical Pharmacy Technician Duties
- Sample Pharmacy Technician Cover Letters
- Sample Pharmacy Technician Resumes
- Factors To Consider While Selecting The Right Pharmacy Technician School
- Why Should You Attend a Pharmacy Technician School & Get Certified?
- 18 Pharmacy Technician Skills to be Successful
- Requirements to Work as a Pharmacy Technician in Your State
- Ten Reasons Why A Pharmacy Technician Should Get Certified
- Types Of Programs Available To Become A Pharmacy Technician
- Typical Work Day Of A Pharmacy Technician At The Top 5 Retail Pharmacies
- Working In Retail Pharmacy VS Hospital Pharmacy